Bengt Rosengren and Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Esa-Pekka Salonen and Ole Kristian Ruud play Nordic Oboe concertos by Salonen, BÃ¶rtz, Nordheim and Schmidt. The recording concludes with "reflections" where you can hear the composers' own reflections on their concertos.
1. Esa-Pekka Salonen (b.1958): MIMO II for Oboe and Orchestra (1992)
2. Daniel BÃ¶rtz (b.1943): Concerto for Oboe and Orchestra (1986)
3. Arne Nordheim (b.1928): Boomerang for Oboe and Chamber orchestra (1985)
4. Ole Schmidt (b.1928): Concerto for Oboe and Orchestra (1995)
5. Reflections /talk/ by Esa-Pekka Salonen
6. Reflections /talk/ by Daniel BÃ¶rtz
7. Reflections /talk/ by Arne Nordheim
8. Reflections /talk/ by Ole Schmidt
The release of this recording has been made possible through the support of
The Nordic Cultural Foundation and the Swedish Broadcasting Corporation, P2.
Esa-Pekka Salonen (b. 1958)
1. MIMO II for Oboe and Orchestra (1992) [11.54]
Daniel BÃ¶rtz (b. 1943)
2. Concerto for Oboe and Orchestra (1986) [16.35]
Arne Nordheim (b. 1931)
3. BOOMERANG for Oboe and Chamber Orchestra (1985) [17.49]
Ole Schmidt (b.1928)
4. Concerto for Oboe and Orchestra (1995) [11.52]
5. Reflections by Esa-Pekka Salonen [2.03]
6. Reflections by Daniel BÃ¶rtz [2.51]
7. Reflections by Arne Nordheim [1.51]
8. Reflections by Ole Schmidt [2.36]
TOTAL TIME [68.31]
Virtuoso oboe - (Nordic concertos with Bengt Rosengren together with Swedish Radio Symphony orchestra under Esa-Pekka Salonen and Ole Kristian Ruud. Music by Salonen, BÃ¶rtz, Nordheim and Schmidt). Bengt Rosengren gives a dazzling performance.
GÃ¶ran Persson - Music magazine
Exciting and superbly played - and on a new top quality label.
Stig Jakobsson - Hifi and music
Bengt Rosengren plays the oboe with an emotional spectrum that it is pure pleasure to listen to. Perfect balance between the orchestra and oboe on this recording.
Guido Zeccola - GrÃ¤nslÃ¶st