Bengt Rosengren and Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra under the direction of Esa-Pekka Salonen and Ole Kristian Ruud play Nordic Oboe concertos by Salonen, Börtz, Nordheim and Schmidt. The recording concludes with "reflections" where you can hear the composers' own reflections on their concertos.
1. Esa-Pekka Salonen (b.1958): MIMO II for Oboe and Orchestra (1992)
2. Daniel Börtz (b.1943): Concerto for Oboe and Orchestra (1986)
3. Arne Nordheim (b.1928): Boomerang for Oboe and Chamber orchestra (1985)
4. Ole Schmidt (b.1928): Concerto for Oboe and Orchestra (1995)
5. Reflections /talk/ by Esa-Pekka Salonen
6. Reflections /talk/ by Daniel Börtz
7. Reflections /talk/ by Arne Nordheim
8. Reflections /talk/ by Ole Schmidt
The release of this recording has been made possible through the support of
The Nordic Cultural Foundation and the Swedish Broadcasting Corporation, P2.